On completion of this course, participants should be able to use the main capabilities of Shape Healing component of Open CASCADE Technology.
They will learn how to:
- analyze-detect problems within Open CASCADE Technology shapes as well as perform advanced analysis (tolerances, free boundaries, etc)
- fix and repair the detected irregularities
- upgrade and customize - modify the Open CASCADE Technology shapes to respect specific requirements (continuity, B-Spline representation, etc) and sewing
- handle shape processing : mechanism of creation of the sequence of fix and upgrade operations controlled by the user at run-time
The participants will need to have solid knowledge on Open CASCADE Technology geometric and topological data structure.
Ideally, the prerequisite session is Open CASCADE Fundamentals.
- Shape Healing objectives
- Who needs Shape Healing ?
- Review of geometry and topology (curve and surfaces continuity, tolerance and precision)
- C++ Structure of Shape Healing
|Common Problems After Import|
- Querying geometrical representation
- Querying topological sub-shapes
- Orientation of 3DCurve and PCurve
- Coincidence of 3DCurve And PCurve
- Bad order or orientation of Edges in a Wire
- Bad connection of adjacent Edges
- Self-Intersection of Edges in a Wire
- Presence of degenerated Edges
- Lacking Edges
- Healing small Faces
- Healing free bounds
- Healing tolerances
- Modifying surface continuity
- Shape splitting
- Converting shapes to Bezier
- Approximating Curves And Surfaces
- Converting surfaces to NURBS