Open CASCADE Mesh Framework (OMF) enables mesh support in development of pre- and post-processing applications with Open CASCADE Technology (OCCT). In conjunction with Open CASCADE Technology it can be particularly interesting for CAD/CAE application software vendors looking for a complete development platform.
The ground for OMF is provided by the SMDS package that features the mesh data structure classes suitable for OCCT-based development. The following most significant features are provided by other OMF packages:
- integration with OCCT visualization, to enable display and selection of the mesh structures directly in OCCT 3D view;
- integration with OCCT Application Framework, to enable storing of mesh data in OCAF documents;
- support of data exchange with MSC/NASTRAN and STL formats;
- various control and checking algorithms such as free boundaries detection, computation of enclosed volume etc.;
- various editing algorithms such as mesh to line, plane or mesh intersection, Boolean operations on two surface meshes etc.;
- available detailed documentation (User's Guide and Reference Manual) and programming sample;
- porting across all supported platforms (Windows, Linux and Sun Solaris).
OMF supports linear meshes of any dimension (up to 3D). Default implementation allows displaying meshes in several standard modes: wireframe, flat and smooth shading, and shrink. Besides that arbitrary user-defined modes can be easily added. API is provided to track "back references" (from nodes to elements) what can substantially help to increase performance in editing and other operations.
- OMF provides a ready-to-use state-of-the-art mesh framework
- Data structure is implemented for most efficient memory consumption and performance
- Available interfaces enable fast integration into user's pre- and post-processing applications
- Availability of the source code of the SMDS package allows to adapt and to extend the component for particular applications
Please, contact us for more information and pricing.
|This component was successfully applied in a variety of projects, including AvPro project (Principia) and SeaTrust-Holdan (Korean Register of Shipping).|