Provides Open CASCADE-based applications with the capability of reading and manipulating data from Parasolid-XT files.
The Parasolid-XT data exchange module reads XT files of any version (schema) between sch_0_15 to sch_16100 included (70 evolutions), at two data levels :
- BRep data (geometrical and topological data),
- Colors and Names, with the help of XDE, Open CASCADE's Extended Data Exchange module.
The BRep mapping can be used alone, but it is a pre-requisite for complete mapping which adds the attributes (Colors and Names).
* Reading geometrical and topological information
This function loads an XT file and converts geometric and topological data to Open CASCADE shapes. It calls Shape Healing to compute data necessary to reach the integrity of Open CASCADE models. As for the other exchange modules, Shape Healing called by the Parasolid import module can be controlled by a resource file, allowing adaptation to special healing needs. When no resource file is defined, the default healing sequence is applied.
* Reading attribute information
This function, after loading and converting data attached to Open Cascade Shapes, fills the Open CASCADE XDE data structure with the result of conversion.
Imported attributes are: Colors and Names present in the XT file.
- This interface provides direct exchange of data with systems that support the DXF format (Unigraphics, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, Microstation, etc.) for Open CASCADE-based applications and can considerably extend the scope and increase the quality and speed of translation.
- It also provides a high level of exchange quality through the use of Shape Healing, which corrects models before they are put into Open CASCADE, and benefits from the Open CASCADE framework for data exchange.
- The interface requires no third-party license.
- Source code can be licensed.
The Parasolid-XT Import module is based on certified version of Open CASCADE. This module is stand-alone and requires no other external software.
It is available on all platforms supported for Open CASCADE.
It is packaged as a separate module, in two parts: one for BRep conversion and one for XDE. The BRep part can be used independently of XDE. The XDE part requires both the BRep conversion and the XDE conversion.
If you wish to evaluate or get more information about this component, please contact us for a free demo application and a PDF brochure. Please, feel free to ask any questions you may have concerning this component.
|Please read about MIDAS/FX+ (MIDAS IT company) in which this component was successfully applied.|