|Open CASCADE Technology can be installed with binaries precompiled by Visual C++ 2008 using Installation Procedure under Windows platform only.|
The source package and the building tools are available for self-dependent preparation binary files on Unix and Windows platforms.
|Installation on Windows|
If you have a previous version of OCCT installed on your station, and you do not plan to use it along with the new version, you might want to uninstall the previous version (using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs) before the installation of this new version, to avoid possible problems (conflict of system variables, paths, etc).
Attention: For full installation OCCT requires approximately 650 Mb of disk space, but during the installation process you will need 1,2 Gb of free disk space.
OCCT installation with reference documentation requires 1,4 Gb on disk.
The includes and binaries of third-party libraries necessary for building and launching OCCT are included into binary distribution (built with Visual C++ 2008). To recompile OCCT libraries with other Visual C++ versions, it is necessary to install headers and libraries of these third-party products.
The recommended way to do this is to download each of the third-party tools from its web site and build it using the relevant tools. For additional convenience of the users, OPEN CASCADE also provides the documents with recommendations on building third-party products from source files.
When the installation is complete, you will find the following directories (some might be absent in case of custom installation):
Description of the directory tree
- 3rdparty - This folder contains third-party products necessary to compile and use OCCT as well as start sample applications with Visual C++ 2008;
- data - This folder contains CAD files in different formats, which can be used to test the OCCT functionalities;
- doc – This folder contains OCCT Overview documentation;
- ros/adm - This folder contains administration files, which allow rebuilding OCCT;
- ros/adm/msvc - This folder contains Visual Studio projects for Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010, which allow rebuilding OCCT under Windows platform in 32 and 64-bit mode;
- ros/drv - This folder contains source files generated by WOK (private header files and instantiations of generic classes);
- ros/inc - This folder contains all OCCT header files;
- ros/src - This folder contains OCCT source files. They are organized in folders, one per development unit;
- ros/win32/vc9 - This folder contains executable and library files built in optimize mode for Windows platform by Visual C++ 2008;
- Samples - This folder contains sample applications.