A-la Carte Support
Value-added software
Complementary Components
Customer Corner
Company Profile
Marketing Materials
Contact Us
News
Home / Developer Corner / Forums / Installation and building / Compiling on Fedora 14

Compiling on Fedora 14

Compiling on Fedora 14
M E 2011/01/04 06:58

I've been trying for many hours to get OpenCascade to compile on Fedora 14. Following the directions in the readme results in "make install" executing a fork bomb which forces you to reboot your system. If I just do a ./configure, it succeeds, but then Make gives me the following:

[matt@george ros]$ make
cd . && /bin/sh /home/matt/hobby/OpenCASCADE6.3.0/ros/make/missing --run aclocal-1.7
cd . && \
/bin/sh /home/matt/hobby/OpenCASCADE6.3.0/ros/make/missing --run automake-1.7 --foreign Makefile
Useless use of /d modifier in transliteration operator at /usr/bin/automake-1.7 line 5985.
configure.in:126: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(def_ios_ok, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2010: AC_CACHE_VAL is expanded from...
../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:2031: AC_CACHE_CHECK is expanded from...
configure.in:126: the top level
configure.in:140: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(ostream_form_ok, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
configure.in:140: the top level
configure.in:158: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(semun_defined, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
configure.in:158: the top level
configure.in:175: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(semun_buf_defined, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
configure.in:175: the top level
configure.in:188: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(semop_no_reference, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
configure.in:188: the top level
configure.in:204: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(semctl_no_reference, ...): suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached
configure.in:204: the top level
Makefile.am:3: directory should not contain `/'
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
Denis Barbier 2011/01/04 11:00
Run 'autoreconf -fi' to use a newer automake which understands SUBDIRS containing slashes.
You will likely get into other problems, maybe you should try to rebuild an RPM package, for instance from
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=OpenCascade&project=Education%3ASalome%3AFactory
Dave McDaniel 2011/03/22 01:55
Did you ever get this figured out. I am trying to install on Fedora 14 now. Any tips appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Latest news
  • New features to enhance the development process
  • Open CASCADE Technology 6.7.1 is available for download!
  • Open CASCADE Technology 6.7.0 is available for download!

• © OPEN CASCADE 2000 - 2014  |  Search  |  Contacts   |  Site map