Open CASCADE, the 3D modelling kernel
3D modeling & numerical simulation

Search the Forums
See All Topics

Help! A make error with OpenCASCADE 6.1.0 and OpenCASCADE 6.2.0

Help! A make error with OpenCASCADE 6.1.0 and OpenCASCADE 6.2.0
John Hans 2009/02/09 08:16
Hello, everyone,

I caught a strange make error when I ran make on Fedora 10.
Originally, there was Open CASCADE version 6.1 in /opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0 on my Fedora 10.
When I run my application in .sh created 1 years ago, it failed because of no libstdc++.so.5 on my computer. So, I decided to re-make it from my source code, I also got following errors:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0/ros/lin/lib/libTKernel.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6
.obj/occview.o: In function `occview::init()':
occview.cpp:(.text+0xd24): undefined reference to `Standard::Allocate(unsigned int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [project1] Error 1

I guessed the reason maybe from none libstdc++.so.5. I tried to install compat-libstdc++-33 and compat-libstdc++-296, and failed again when make with same error information. However, I had checked that there were already libstdc++.so.6 and libstdc++.so.5 on my computer, as following:
$ locate libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10
$ locate libstdc++.so.5
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7

Then I installed OpenCASCADE 6.2.0 (version 6.2). This time, I could run successfully my application in .sh created before. I modified ~/.base_profile and .pro file to change OpenCASCADE6.1.0 to OpenCASCADE6.2.0, and re qmake to produce the new Makefile fiel. It is really pity that when I tried to make it, I failed again and got the error as following:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/lin/lib/libTKernel.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6
.obj/moc_interactive.o: In function `~TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation':
/opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0/ros/inc/TopLoc_SListOfItemLocation.hxx:87: undefined reference to `Handle_TopLoc_SListNodeOfSListOfItemLocation::~Handle_TopLoc_SListNodeOfSListOfItemLocation()'
.obj/moc_interactive.o: In function `~TopoDS_Shape':
/opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0/ros/inc/TopoDS_Shape.hxx:67: undefined reference to `Handle_TopoDS_TShape::~Handle_TopoDS_TShape()'
obj/moc_selectPatch.o: In function `~TopoDS_Face':
/opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0/ros/inc/TopoDS_Shape.hxx:67: undefined reference to `Handle_TopoDS_TShape::~Handle_TopoDS_TShape()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ project1] Error 1

I was so surprise that when I check these error information, during make, the computer went to search include files in /opt/OpenCASCADE6.1.0, not /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0!
Following is some information relate to OpenCASCADE:

In ~/.bash_profile:
export CASROOT=/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros
export OS_NAME=Linux
export PATH=/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/3rdparty/$OS_NAME/tcltk/bin:$CASROOT/$OS_NAME/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/3rdparty/$OS_NAME/tcltk/lib:$CASROOT/$OS_NAME/lib:/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/3rdparty/Linux/qt:/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/lin/lib

In .pro file:

LIBS     += -L/opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/lin/lib -lTKernel -lTKV3d -lTKService -lTKSTEP -lTKSTEPBase -lTKBool -lTKOffset
INCLUDEPATH     += /opt/OpenCASCADE6.2.0/ros/inc

There must be something uncorrect. I really do not know how to solve these strange errors. Could you do me a favor to give me some instructions.

Thank you very much in advance.

John

Latest news
  • New features to enhance the development process
  • Open CASCADE Technology 6.7.1 is available for download!
  • Open CASCADE Technology 6.7.0 is available for download!

• © OPEN CASCADE 2000 - 2014  |  Search  |  Contacts   |  Site map