|The Shape Healing toolkit can be used also independently on IGES and STEP translators.|
|It provides convenient API to many functions, which can be divided in three groups:|
- A function to analyze shape characteristics and, in particular, identify shapes that do not comply with Open CASCADE validity rules
- A function to repair problem shapes
- A function to upgrade shape characteristics.
The analysis package detects shapes that do not conform to Open CASCADE geometry and topology validity rules by analyzing geometrical objects and topology. This package:
- checks edge and wire consistency,
- checks edge order in a wire,
- checks the orientation of face boundaries,
- analyzes shape tolerances,
- returns the closed and open wires in a boundary
The repair package includes but is not limited to functions that:
- Ensure consistency between the 3D curve and its corresponding parametric curve.
- Repair defective wires
- Ensure the shapes conform to a user given tolerance value
- Fills gaps between patches and edges
The upgrading package enables the following functions:
- Reduction of curve and surface degree
- Splitting of shapes to obtain C1 continuity
- Conversion of any types of curves or surfaces to Bezier or Bspline curves or surfaces and back
- Splitting of closed surfaces and revolution surfaces.