|OPEN CASCADE is pleased to announce SALOME version 4.1.4. It is a public release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME 3.2.6 version released in May 2007. This new release of Salome includes the following important new features and improvements:|
SALOME 4.1.4 supports Debian 3.1 Sarge, Debian 4.0 Etch 32bit and 64bit, Mandriva 2006 32bit and 64bit, Mandriva 2008 32bit and 64bit. See the Salome Release Notes for a full list of supported Linux distributives and prerequisites.
- Open CASCADE Technology 6.3: Salome 4.1.4 is based on Open CASCADE Technology 6.3 version, the latest OCCT release, which includes fixes of some bugs that came from SALOME
- New installation procedure: now Salome installation is performed by a new installation procedure developed in accordance with the specification prepared by joint efforts of CEA and OCC Companies
- Porting on Windows platform: SALOME version 4.1.4 is now Win32-compatible
- New modules: Filter module, MedSplitter, MULTIPR, YACS
- New mesher plugins: HEXOTIC, GHS3DParallel and BLSURFPLUGI
- New “slider” functionality in VISU module
- Changes in KERNEL
- Porting on automake, omni4.1, VTK 5.0
- Numerous improvements and new features in GUI, GEOM, SMESH and VISU modules
- And more ... see Salome 4.1.4 Release Notes for details
SALOME 4.1.4 pre-compiled binaries for Debian 3.1 Sarge, Debian 4.0 Etch, Mandriva 2006, Mandriva 2008 can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Detailed information is available in Salome 4.1.4 Release Notes (PDF).
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.